Tuesday, July 3, 2012

What is it that people are or unwilling to sacrifice in times of crisis?


In the February issue, Money magazine writes that it is what people would and would not be willing to sacrifice as a cost less in times of crisis. This is what I do not want to stop spending:

Gym Memberships 48% 41% Eating on the street 35% 30% Cable Car Extra 20% expensive wines and liquor

Here's what I think of these choices of gym memberships. Perhaps because we are at the beginning of the year and people started to lose weight goal. I expected more people to dismiss this expense. I had, as I wrote in my eBook.

Eating on the Street. Again, I thought it would be at the top of the list of things to sacrifice.

Extra Car. Does this mean that I have 2 cars? Or that in the house there are 2 cars and I have to sacrifice one? Currently thinking about it.

Cable: I'm going to let more people Premium Cable channels. But other alternatives are much more expensive entertainment like concerts or DVD's, may be the thinking of people to not let this expense.

Expensive Wine and Liquor: Maybe to "forget? the impact of the crisis;) Seriously, the other did not understand. This I see as an easy to cut spending. Why buy a $ 50 wine wine if you do not know? Who want to impress? To me a wine tastes like $ 10 for a $ 100.

Now, this is the list of things that people would be willing to stop spending on them:

New electronics 89% 87% 83% Large Sporting Events Vacation 80% 73% expensive clothes Cultural Events

I must admit I wanted to buy some "gadgets? PSP3 as a BOSE Home Theater and an iPhone, but are in the list of potential, and savings to buy them in a special account called "desires?. The rest are things that do not practice, except for the holidays I do to Venezuela every year.

The biggest cut we're making my wife and I are going out to eat in the street, only 2 times a month, saving $ 200 / month with respect to the amount spent in 2008. What are you sacrificing your?

No comments:

Post a Comment